The Raymond Corporation, a New York-based intralogistics solutions company, recently announced its expanded line of advanced energy solutions, introducing the Energy Essentials Distributed by Raymond 48-volt drop-in lithium-ion battery, available in multiple configurations.
“The 48-volt drop-in lithium-ion battery offers customers a smart alternative energy solution to upgrade existing or new lift trucks,” said Damon Hosmer, senior product marketing manager, energy storage technology and integration at The Raymond Corp., in a statement.
“This new product solves three of the biggest concerns our customers tend to have when adopting alternative power sources: footprint, power and run-time,” Hosmer said, adding that the battery delivers “higher energy density in a smaller footprint, which creates more power, decreases charging times and increases run-times.”
Designed as a direct, “plug-and-play” replacement for conventional lead acid batteries, the new 48V LIB fits lift trucks with battery compartments of 13 inches and greater, the company said, without additional modifications.
The new battery also provides continuous data exchange between Raymond lift trucks and chargers, which the company notes gives its customers easily accessible operating metrics and Raymond’s entire suite of telematics and intralogistics solutions.
“Our chargers, LIBs, and telematics packages all work together to optimize performance and data acquisition,” Hosmer said. “Used in conjunction with Raymond’s Power Source Integration and iWAREHOUSE platform … allowing for better decision-making, boosting battery life span, improving operational efficiency and increasing productivity.”
The new 48V LIB is suitable for a variety of environments and is designed to deliver a strong business case for alternative energy adoption, including:
- Increased productivity from convenient opportunity charging, longer run-times and faster charging
- Reduced maintenance thanks to the completely sealed battery design, which eliminates the maintenance requirements of traditional lead acid batteries
- Low total cost of ownership with the long cycle life
- Reduced energy and operating costs due to the decreased need for spare batteries or lift trucks
- Easy installation and implementation thanks to a drop-in design that’s compatible with the entire Raymond fleet of new or existing electric lift trucks
- Enhanced peace of mind from the UL® 2580 listing and a six-year or 5,000-cycle warranty
“As the lithium-ion battery market develops, customers will have many options to choose from,” Hosmer said. “But Raymond offers an integrated solution no one else can … [we] will even help customers take care of the final disposal of any LIB purchased from us.”
For more information, visit raymondcorp.com.