Owens Corning announced that it has been recognized by Ethisphere as one of the 2023 World’s Most Ethical Companies. This marks the sixth consecutive year the company has been recognized with this honor.
Owens Corning is one of just two honorees in the Construction and Building Materials industry, underscoring a commitment to leading with integrity and prioritizing ethical business practices. In 2023, 135 honorees were recognized spanning 19 countries and 46 industries.
Ethisphere is a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices.
“Owens Corning is honored to be recognized by Ethisphere for the sixth consecutive year,” said Executive Vice President and General Counsel Gina Beredo. “Our inclusion on this distinguished list speaks to our company’s purpose and serves as a testament to our 19,000 employees across the world who demonstrate it each day with their unwavering commitment to ethical business practices.”
Methodology and Scoring
Grounded in Ethisphere’s proprietary Ethics Quotient®, the World’s Most Ethical Companies assessment process includes more than 200 questions on culture, environmental and social practices, ethics and compliance activities, governance, diversity, and initiatives that support a strong value chain. The process serves as an operating framework to capture and codify the leading practices of organizations across industries and around the globe.
Ethisphere Recognition Adds to Recent Company Distinctions
The Ethisphere recognition is one of several honors Owens Corning has earned for its corporate leadership recently, including:
- Earning a place on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World) for the 13th consecutive year, and on the DJSI North America Index for the fifth consecutive year, with industry-leading assessment scores.
- Achieving Gold Class distinction in the 2023 Sustainability Yearbook from S&P Global.
- Placing #19 on the 2023 Barron’s 100 Most Sustainable U.S. Companies list, up from #27 in 2022.
- Ranking #37 on the 2022 Management Top 250 list, published by The Wall Street Journal.
- Earning placement on CDP’s 2022 Climate Change and Water Security A Lists for its leadership in environmental transparency on climate change and water security.
To view the full list of this year’s Ethisphere honorees, please visit the World’s Most Ethical Companies website, at worldsmostethicalcompanies.com/honorees.