The days of looking up a business in the phone book are ending quickly (if they’re not over already), putting more pressure on companies to create an authentic online presence to attract customers.
Most people keep their smartphones within reach to have immediate access to information. Many of us are also known to “ask Siri” for basic things like how long to boil rice or where the nearest auto shop is. That rings true for the roofing business as well. And today, the search for a company’s online presence goes way deeper than just a website.
Many times, consumers are not only looking for the website but also checking reviews and looking up social media pages before making the initial phone call to a company. According to a 2021 report from Visual Objects, a directory of design and creative agencies, 76% of customers look for a company’s online presence before visiting a location in person. And in today’s world, it’s increasingly important for a business to make its online presence easily accessible and filled with valuable information to a potential customer.
Did you know more than 92% of companies with 100-plus employees are active on social media and use it to help boost their marketing efforts?
Every social media platform is different, but many professionals lean toward LinkedIn. It’s an excellent site to network and share information, and recruit! And, just like you’re vetting potential employees, they’re looking at you, too.
Here are some tips on how you can make your business profile stand out on LinkedIn:
- Make your posts visual! Lots of pictures; the more dynamic, the better.
- Use List Style headlines: Make your content as digestible as possible.
- Don’t get your audience all fired up; use neutral language and leave your posts open for discussion.
- Be active on LinkedIn! Remember to like, share, and comment on your followers’ posts. The more active you are, the more attention your posts will receive.
- The best day to post is on Thursday, according to OKdork.com. The rationale is metrics-based: that is the day most people are online, looking for content.
Bonus Tip: Optimize your profile. Make sure it’s complete before posting. Optimizing your profile will make users less wary of your content and more likely to check it out.